Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Friday, January 22, 2016

Ziggy the Traveling Piggy

Only touching our home swapping adventures tangentially, I present you Ziggy the traveling piggy- and I tell you why.
Those of you who know me for a while know that I had pigs on the farm and I am fond of them. My son actually wanted them for his first Holy Communion instead of a bike or camera!


In addition, my name is Siggy; as it is derived from the German (Sigrun), it is a soft sound like the English Z.

An Irish friend coined this nickname, now my pen name, because Sigrun was just too difficult to pronounce (for non-German speakers).
Then over the years I was called Biggy, Iggy, sometimes Piggy where I used to draw the line. (Not any more...:)).
Same about Vicki - Don’s, my now husband’s, ex who gave us a lot of grief had that name.  
The worst I was called lately was Soggy in an email, but maybe that was just a typo?

Hope you like the video too: 
It certainly made my day.

One the home swapping front we see some busy traffic, people offering their house or we approaching them. We fixed two, wrote swap agreements, both in Germany.
In addition, we have two on the burner. One in Italy, an area I always wanted to go to near Venice and the other close to Geneva and Lac Leman and the French Alps. The Italians are in touch with another Floridian family who doesn't seem to make up their minds. Now e just told the French that we're waiting for an other offer which was made before them and that we are waiting. 
Did I mention before that home swapping is like dating? Keep them in hands until one comes through!

No comments:

Post a Comment