Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Friday, June 3, 2016

Are You Packed yet?

No!
Hairdresser, car wash, laundry, shopping groceries for our exchange partners on their first night.
The list seems endless, I should say seemed endless.Now there is an end in sight: Tomorrow is the due date. By then, by hook or by crook, we have to get out of here. The lawn men came early enough to get us jump into action.

Where does this expression come from:Are you packed yet? Obviously, I won't be packed myself but our stuff. As a native German I'm asking: Shouldn't it be "Have you packed yet?" grammatically? And why does this question annoy me every time? Maybe because of a guilty feeling? But we're entering philosophical territory here and you are looking for nice pictures and anecdotes; even the nitty gritty, be honest- some juicy tidbits of what goes wrong. Or am I wrong?

Germany, here we come! No more rain and flooding, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment