Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another day, another blog

Getting quite busy here maintaining my Irish blog http://www.inandoutofireland.blogspot.com/ and promotion for my book going plus the blog on that one http://www.nexttimelucky.blogspot.com/ while, at the same time, my daughter is visiting. She's taking us for walks into the fields behind the neighborhood everyday. Having grown up on a farm in Ireland, she is quite the outdoor type. and enjoys tiny things in nature. She is also a good photographer and finds good shots in unexpected places. She loves the horses in the nearby fields, having had her own once and naturally pats young cows. We saw a stork land in field where grass was just cut, but it's a bit too far away. I haven't seen storks since my childhood and these were in nests up on chimneys.
 Although we're only 15 mls from Frankfurt, we have all this green countryside around is, cornfields, woods, and orchards.It's also surprisingly quiet in spite of the heavy air traffic.I was worried because I had heard a few planes then.They rotate the approach fly paths every night so that the noise is evenly distributed. The hotel owner where  we stayed on our first night also told me that they just gained permission to build a new runway and landing strip. Thus Frankfurt Airport (FRA) will DOUBLE its starts from 300,000 to 600,000 a year. The German economy is booming.

No comments:

Post a Comment