Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Another castle


Out of circulation for a few days due to tummy bug. The food, the muggy weather or is it just going round, as the doctor said.The last trip my daughter and I made was to a town called Koenigstein which I had never heard of before. It's situated in Rheingau, one of the famous wine producing areas.After some climbing up the ruin of a castle, a lot of picture taking, we deserved our lunch 'al fresco.'The area we are staying in is not exactly touristy. The trips we are making are short, an hour max to the west of the metropolis of Frankfurt. A hill (instead of mountain) range of low height covers both sides around Frankfurt and is called Taunus. The other towns I mentioned before like Eltville, or the Rheingau are considered German tourist destination for retires or old age pensioners. Hadn't expected to do this, yet--but it's lovely, relaxing and shows me a new part of my own country.
Over the weekend, a girl-friend drove up 200km to me.What joy a reunion is after some years. Hubby asked whether I missed 'home?' A bit, I had to admit. He didn't, surprisingly enough.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, Siggy! My daughters and I have been watching a lot of the Women's World Cup which is hosted there. We've been talking about how much we'd like to visit Germany! Interesting timing.

    ReplyDelete