Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

So near and yet so far

As I'm writing this blog,  the Women's Football World Cup is about to roll over the TV screens. Though near Frankfurt, I'm not in the stadium yet watching from the comfort of my nice home. The set-up of  the stadium is quite impressive with a retractable glass roof which is currently covering the grounds because of the lousy weather that kept me indoors all day. With hubby off back to the USA for a few days and my latest set of visitors gone, I had time for myself -after stripping the beds and changing the linens for the arrival of my son tomorrow. TIVO or the technology of DVR has't made it to modern Germany yet for some unknown reason, so I really better watch carefully. You cannot rewind  if you want to or stop a program if you have to..                 
Even Angela Merkel is there on her 57th birthday.She is a big football fan. There was speculation whether Mr. or Mrs. Obama would turn up. But the President couldn't make it because of the debt crisis -so rumor  has it here.  As Germany is out of the competition, I can wholeheartedly say: USA GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment